Multivitamins For Healthy Living
Multivitamins are the dietary supplements that provide the necessary nutrition required by the body. It fulfills the deficiency of vitamins, mineral and others, if any, in the body. It is considered to be a valuable tool for those with dietary imbalances or who have different nutritional needs. People with dietary imbalances may include those with restrictive diet or those who cannot or may not eat a nutritional diet. Like, pregnant women and early adults have different nutritional needs and it may be directed by the physician.
What are Multivitamins?
These are the dietary supplements with vitamins, minerals and other nutritional elements. These are available in the form of tablets, capsules, pastilles, powder, liquids and inject-able formulations. These may contain more than 3 or more vitamin and mineral. These are proposed to be taken once or twice per day, although some formulations are designed for consumption 3-7 or more times per day. The human body requires various nutrients on daily basis to keep you alive, healthy and functioning at your best.
Multivitamin supplements do help an individual by far in gaining enough amount of energy that we need to perform a certain task.
When it should be taken?
When the diet of a person is insufficient or not as good as it should be to be healthy. Lack of sufficient diet can be a cause of many diseases. Therefore, it is advised to take dietary supplements which can replace the meal and provides you with the nutrients that are necessary for the growth and development of the body and also to be fit and healthy.
Health Benefits of Multivitamins
1. Improve physical health and mental fitness – Daily intake of this supplement helps to improve physical health and mental fitness. It helps to improve general body functions and reduce the risk of diseases.
2. Prevent deficiency – There are 13 essential vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, K, 7B complex, B12) that are needed by the human body for the proper functioning of the body. If there is deficiency of any of these, it can cause illness and many other health related problems.
3. Reduces stress – It helps to reduce stress. People who are stressed may not be able to keep a track on their diet and nutritional needs but daily intake of these may keep the people healthy and removes stress.
4. Personal problems – These may help to overcome personal problems as they helps to prevent nutritional and vitamin deficiency. For example – pregnant women are advised by doctors to take Multivitamin during their first trimester.
5. Weight Controlling – Weight controlling is possible using the supplements. Yes, all you do is to take the energy supplements of this kind and you will able to stay energetic all throughout the day without feeling the hunger for regular food. In that way, over a period of time it is possible to get your cravings out.
It is considered that Multivitamin Supplements should be used with a balanced diet. But it should be remembered that it should not be considered as a substitute for healthy food. It helps to prevent deficiencies of both vitamins and minerals. This is because most of these supplements contain 100 or more suggested dietary allowance of vitamins.